4.22.2008

Welcome to Life (Almost) Beyond Pre-Packaged Foods

I was 21 years old in the summer of 2006. I had been in college for 3 1/2 years at that time and didn't know how to make anything aside from ramen or something from a box. Tired of instant foods and expensive restaurants, I decided to use my free time to get acquainted with raw veggies and things. Using recipes from the internet as guides, I attempted to make various foods, mostly with nasty results. I ate those abominations with bitterness, resolved to make something more delicious, more palatable, more gourmet, more... edible. With that goal in mind, I began to compile a book of recipes that turned out decently or probably would taste good. This blog is a record of my journey from the vile to the foods-that-are-ok-when-drunk-and-there's-nothing-else-around-to-eat. If you are a college student or just beginning to learn (in your forties? shame on you) then this "blog" may have some good insight to help you on your path to good cookdom by showing you what not (and occasionally what you might want to try) to do.

No comments: